Sunday, October 11, 2009

This One Goes Out


To the manly, scraggly looking woman who tried to sell me Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday for the SNES yesterday for EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS. I didn't buy it, obviously, but I found the woman's complete lack of tact to be something noteworthy. So I'm noting it here.

I don't know if the game is any good, all I know is that it's not exactly rare nor famous. It's available on eBay at buy it now for no more than $3 and those are copies that are guaranteed to work. This woman had at least six or seven games on a table (including Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy) along with the yellowest SNES systems and controllers.

She wanted 8 dollars for an open, yellowing, dubious copy of Porky Pig's haunted mansion, a game that features one of the worst Looney Toons characters and probably sucks anyway? I dont think you understand the concept of a Swap Meet. Or of fucking capitalism for that matter.

Seriously lady, what the fuck? I understand you just might find a collector or a desperate parent to sell it to but I've had trouble selling complete PS2 and 360 games for $5 to $10 and you're telling me you want eight dollars for a copy of Porky Pig you probably found in a dumpster outside of a Salvation Army thrift store?

Congratulations you're the reason for this fucking recession.

0 comments: