Saturday, June 6, 2009

We Could be Heroes


I finally found that Sega gamecard that I was talking about the other day and took a picture of it (its up there ^^^)

My Hero was possibly my favourite Sega Master System game. Actually the game I played the most was a rudimentary baseball game, which might of been this one (by the way, wasnt Reggie Jackson retired by the late 80's? I dont know, but how can you argue with shit like this)

Getting back to My Hero, the premise was simple: somebody (possibly a greaser or a punk) kidnapped your girlfriend and now its up to you (not the authorities) to drop kick your way through a park (with pyramids?) to rescue her. What I remember the most about it is that I couldnt get through the frogs that spit marbles at you.

It was like Double Dragon but without the meaningless up-down scrolling and you controlled a ninja preppy instead of a homosexual couple.

I'm not going to do it justice so here is the best youtube video ever



Also today is the 25th anniversary of Tetris, I guess that when it came out we were completely justified in our fear of the soviets being better than the U.S.

To commemorate the occassion Google has done the usual:


Good on ya Google.

0 comments: