Saturday, April 25, 2009

Done-key Kong, har har.


I beat Donkey Kong the other day, all in all it took me about two hours. Not continuous mind you but thats the total in scattered play for about a week. Congrats I say, I never beat it when I was a kid and now, ten years later, sweet sweet revenge.

It was surprisingly easy. Why? I dont know, maybe because of my superior intellect? no, its probably not that I mean you have to walk straight and jump on things, you dont really need to understand the nuances of historical materialism nor how they apply to the case of a disintegrating Yugoslavia to do that. I'm sure it helps.

This isnt a bitch post mind you. I wasnt expecting this game to be GTA IV. No, no six-fingered women in this one. I was looking for innocent fun that I can pick up at any time and keep playing, thats what I got. Now we move on to other games. Anybody got a spare Mario RPG?

On the bright side now that my eBay business is actually working (Oh Twilight books, I had to sell you: not because you became too mainstream, no, its because that fourth book was balls) I actually have a bit of dispossible income and am able to actually buy a few more games, on the cheap, and write a couple more blogs.

But back to Donkey Kong, after I beat the game it turns out I only had beaten about 60% of it, Cranky Kong informed me I had missed a shit ton of mini games. First of all fuck you Cranky Kong, second of all I'm not completist, third, I dont have the time for this shit. I guess this is what passed as replay value back in the day. Im not saying its a bad thing, the capacity of the games was limited, I'm just saying I dont care enough to go back and try to find more Rambi tokens.

Was this the equivalent of Xbox achievements? because I was beating myself up for a while so that I could get as many SF IV achievements on my gamertag and I did a pretty good job. But do I feel like making Cranky Kong happy? not unless he'll create a webpage announcing my greatness to the world.

Good news is I can now focus on other games. Bad news is I have no other games to focus, unless I go back to Aladdin.

0 comments: