Monday, July 20, 2009

Technical Difficulties


As is customary with 20 year old hardware the RF switch on my SNES gave out yesterday just a day after I bought two games, one of which is Super Mario World, so until I receive my replacement from that wonderful place known as eBay I wont be able to indulge in some nostalgia.

The days of rotating the coax cable into the winding nut thing are certainly not something I miss from my romanticized version of the 80's and 90's. Having to move the cable around so it works, having no avenue for replacing busted parts, having to deal with a shitty analog tv, having to work with these god forsaken things...ugh, good riddance.

Theres something to be said about HD and 1080 and shit and that something can be readily seen in my inability to play my Super Nintendo for a week and a half.

0 comments: